CAUTION: IMPORTANT SAFETY INSTRUCTIONS
The most important consideration when intalling the Flood Free Zone Water Control and Conservation ystem (FFZ) is safety. Please observe the following precautions:
• Installation and maitenance of the FFZ system must be performed by qualified service personnel.
• The FFZ valve actuator requires connection o a properly grounded 110v electrical outlet. Contact a licensed electrician if an outlet is needed.
• Always turn off the pwer at the breaker panel before working with an electrical circuit and follow all required safety instructions elatie to electrical work.
• It is recommended that a licensed plumber install the FFZ valve in the inlet water line.
FFZ WATER CONTROL AND CONSERVATION SYSTEM COMPONENTS
• Valve – ¾” or 1” 600 WOG Ball Valve • ACU - Actuator – 24VAC 2 Position Cotrol
• AMU – Actuator Module Unit (Factory Installed in ACU)
• HHU – Handheld Unit – Remote Control
• HSU – Home Security Unit – (Security System Interface)
• Power adapter – 120v/24v Convertor
• 2 AA Bateries
USING THE HSU SECURITY SYSTEM INTERFACE
1. The FFZ valve can also be operated from the HSU Home Security Unit.
2. The HSU Unit is designed to be installed within a home security system panel. It requires a 6-12vdc power input from the security panel. Power is installed on the power terminals 1& 2.
3. To operate the FFZ valve from the HSU a contact closure or switch is required on terminals 3 & 4. This closure switch should be an output from the security panel. Consult your home security company for installation
4. Operation fom security system can be set using the switch on the HSU. When the switch is “ON” or in the UP position, the FZ unit will be closed in the AUTO position. A ontact closure or switch from the security system will cause the FFZ valve to open. The opposite will occur with the HSU switch in the “OFF” or down position. The FZ valve will be open when the Auto buton on the HHU is pressed and a contact closure on the HSU will cause the FFZ valve to close.
USING THE AMU BYPASS
In the event that the HSU is lost, the FFZ valve can be operated utilizing the AMU ypass butons. They are located on the FFZ AMU unit which can be found on the back of the ACU actuator. They are labeled with arrows pointing clockwise and ounterclockwise.
1. To open the FFZ valve press the counterclockwise buton. The valve should begin to rotate open – note the handle movement – operation fom closed to open will be about 2 minutes.
2. To close the FFZ valve press the clockwise buton. The valve should begin to rotate closed – note the handle movement – operation fom open to closed will be about 2 minutes.
USING THE MANUAL OVERRIDE
In the event of a power outage or system problem, the manual override clutch may be required to operate the FFZ valve. The manual override consists of two operations.
1. Using the thumb on the right hand, push the manual clutch in a clockwise motion. The cluch will rotate slightly allowing the valve to become declutched from the actuator.
2. Turn the handle on top of the unit to rotate the valve counterclockwise to open and clockwise to close. The handle will only rotate 90 degrees.
CODE MATCHING THE HHU REMOTE, ACU and HSU
The communications odes of the 3 units, HHU, ACU & HSU are factory set to communicate. However, if any of the three units are replaced for any reason, code matching will have to be performed to ensure proper communication btween all devices.
1. If replacing the HHU (HHU is master code carrier): Put bateries in new HHU and close cover. Using a paper clip or similar, push and hold the “match” buton on the ACU, then press the “auto” buton on the HHU; the code matching will be completed automatially.
2. If either HSU or ACU is a new unit, repeat the above procedure with the new unit.